Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Valdez, Homer, and 1/2 Marathon

In the morning before my first half marathon. I was so nervous!!
This was seconds before I made it through the finish line!
Almost there...


Below are pictures from two different camping trips I went on with my friends. One was to Valdez, Ak and the other was to Homer, Ak. There are also a couple pictures from my first ever half marathon. I finished in 2:13 and will trying again on August 15th for a better time. Enjoy the pictures!




The view from my tent the first morning in Valdez, Ak.. I couldn't have asked for a better view or day!!

A beautiful day in Valdez, Ak..
Valdez boat harbour..
A short hike we did around a stream..
Some cute sea otters we saw right before we started our hike on Solomon Gulch Trail in Valdez, Ak..
A couple pictures from the trail...
At the end of the trail.. Beautiful :-)
Horsetail Falls, Valdez, Ak.. On our way back to Anchorage we stopped to get a closer look..
Lauren, me and Lana!
Bridal Veil Falls..


Pictures from Homer, Alaska.. (About 4-5 hours south of Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula).


Harbor seals near our campsite.
There were so many eagles flying around.
Our campsite.
The gang (minus me because I was taking the picture).
Some cranes that the girls and I saw on a short hike we took while the rest of the group was out Halibut Fishing.
Fireweed
11:30pm on our last night in Homer, Ak. The view from our campsite..


No comments:

Blog Archive