This is a picture from a while back when Nick and I saw a moose while cross country skiing on base before he left for his training in Wisconsin.
Friday, February 5, 2010
McHugh Creek Trail in February
Below are some pictures of a hike Nick and I did on Thursday at McHugh Creek Trail in south Anchorage. It was probably in the teens as far as the temperatures go and slightly windy. Obviously you can see that it was a gorgeous, clear, sunny day. We couldn't have asked for a better day (well, maybe a little bit warmer would have been better). The trail was mostly packed snow and icy. We were sliding all over the place but luckily we had each other to hang onto and our hiking poles.
This is a picture from a while back when Nick and I saw a moose while cross country skiing on base before he left for his training in Wisconsin.
A view of the beginning of our hike on McHugh Creek Trail in February.
Nick and I at the beginning of the trail...
A view of Cook's Inlet from the point where we turned around and headed back down the mountain.

Nick and I from the overlook of Cook's Inlet.
Nick and I again..
A beautiful day.. A picture of the mountain from where we stopped to look at out Cook's Inlet.
On our way back down the mountain, almost to the parking lot, we saw a moose. Below is a picture of Nick and the moose. In case you couldn't see it, Nick is pointing it out for you.

Another moose we saw on our drive home:

This is a picture from a while back when Nick and I saw a moose while cross country skiing on base before he left for his training in Wisconsin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- March (1)
- September (1)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- April (1)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (3)
- June (3)
- May (4)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (6)
- June (21)
No comments:
Post a Comment